– 1 c light corn syrup
– 3 lg eggs
– 1 c sugar
– 2 Tbsp butter, melted
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 c chopped pecans
– 3/4 c flaked coconut
– 3/4 c semisweet chocolate chips
– 1 prepared pie crust (9 inch deep dish)
– cool whip, if desired, for topping before serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter, and vanilla together with an electric mixer (on medium speed) until light-colored and well blended. Stir in the pecans and coconut by hand. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the bottom of the prepared pie crust. Pour the corn syrup mixture over the chocolate chips.
2. Bake in preheated oven until top is set, 55 to 60 minutes. Cool completely on a rack before serving. This takes about 2 hours. Serve with Cool Whip or whipped topping if desired. Store in refrigerator if you have any left-overs.