Molten Chocolate Cake In a Pot
Pinned on February 12, 2014 at 1:41 am by admin
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- Lightly grease 3 ramekins with butter.
- Melt the chocolate into the butter in a double boiler and let cool a bit.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar and mix into the chocolate.
- Beat the egg whites in a bowl until they form soft peaks.
- Fold the chocolate into the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the ramekins, no more than 2/3 full.
- Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 7-10 minutes. The outside will be set and possibly crack and the inside will still be liquid.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then run a knife around the edges and tip onto a plate. (Optional; Feel free to eat it right out of the ramekin with a spoon.)